Monday, September 15, 2008

Stuff...and more stuff...the update edition

My father visited this weekend and I got to spend some time with my family, which was really really nice. Sometimes I forget how much I love those weird drunk, racist freaks.*

I'm enjoying my geology class so much that I'm thinking of switching my major from biology to geology. It would really mess up my whole 3-year plan. But I am so into geology right now that I don't really care.

My birthday is coming up in a week. I dropped hints all weekend to my father, hoping he'd remember and offer to take me shopping for some winter clothing while he was in town. He didn't pick up on the hints. In fact, I'm not even sure he knows my birthday is coming up. And he definitely doesn't know how old I am...



At my family party on Saturday night, I asked my 12 year-old cousin if he remembered the time my ex spun him around on the swing until he threw up. "Yeah," he said, "he was a jerk." A little shocked, I said, "yeah...he was." My cousin's follow-up? "Then why did you go out with him?" Zing.



*Okay...not ALL of my family are drunks...or freaks...and only one is significantly racist... In fact, most of my family members are outgoing, sweet, kind people. Or cute kids. Here's the money shot from this weekend:






These are my 2nd cousins and one of my first cousins. This was
just before a game of SPUD, which I won. Because I'm awesome.
And like to throw balls at little kids.

4 comments:

Badass Geek said...

My in-laws are racist. It is scary to hear them talk sometimes.

scargosun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scargosun said...

I am glad you had a good time with your family despite the differences.

Geology rocks!

he he he he he

Pretty soo you'll find yourself saying, "Gee, thats a gneiss piece of schist."

for a different kind of girl said...

Ah, my grandma never realized what a wee bit of a racist she was. Good times. Good, uncomfortable in public together times.

If you love something, I say switch it!