Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm still here, right?

This morning, as I was leaving my office, I walked past the guy whose office is next to mine. I looked him in the eye and said "good morning." He made eye contact for a second, then looked away and walked past me as if I weren't there. We don't speak or anything, so I don't see what I could have done to get such a nasty blow-off.

In class, I had a few minutes to kill before the start of class so I turned to the girl next to me and asked, "did you read the chapter for this stuff?" She seriously didn't flinch at all...didn't look over to see if I was addressing her. She just stared straight ahead. I wrote "I think that girl just ignored me" on my notebook to make myself feel less awkward. At least the notebook listened.

What the hell is going on around here? I'm starting to think that I'm either invisible or that I look like I'm a total freak and that people are purposely ignoring me.

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

What if YOU'RE here, but everyone else is not, and what you're seeing is, like, holograms?

Just another option to consider!

scargosun said...

They were so intimidated by your beauty they were too dunbstruck to answer. :)

myfuckingeye said...

This happens a lot to me too, but the worst is when you do have their attention and they just decide mid sentence that you no longer have their attention and start talking to someone else. Talk about feeling small.

Ms. Moon said...

Well, that is strange. I would try not to make too much of it.
Perhaps everyone is just preoccupied, thinking about the national economy and their choices for the upcoming election.
Or where they're going to drink on Friday after work.