Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kiddo...

I wasn't very nice to you when we were kids. I never let you kiss me goodnight, even though you tried tirelessly...your kisses were too sloppy.

I purposely tortured Tiger (that love-worn little stuffed animal) in front of you to make you cry.

I didn't ever let you hang out with me and my friends and I let you know, whenever you did, that you weren't welcome.

I pushed you and pulled your hair and hit you and called you names.

I gave you your first cocaine and I stole your pot and cigarettes when we were in high school.

I did all those things to you and you still turned out to be a great kid. Well, maybe you're not a kid anymore. Happy 24th kiddo...I love you with all my heart and I wish I hadn't spent so much time acting like I didn't. You rock.

2 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I must be a kid, then... at 22 years old.

A.C. said...

Nah...you're only a kid when you're under 18 or act like one.