Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bad News...

We're euthanizing EC tomorrow. She's just deteriorating and the vet said at the rate she's losing weight, she'll starve to death. She sits in one spot all day and the smell of food causes her to vomit. She doesn't want to eat or be touched and she barely looks up when I talk to her. It's the right thing to do. The decision wasn't difficult to make, given her condition.

The worst part is knowing that she won't be here this weekend and having to make it through today, knowing what will happen tomorrow.

The love I have for EC is simple. I love her flaws - how she can be a mega bitch when she's jealous, how she ignores me if she's upset with me, how she claims my pillow at night as if she pays the rent. I love her quirks - how she licks herself if you touch that spot on her chest, how she falls off the bed when she grooms herself. I love the good stuff - how she resembles a teddy bear when she's playing, how she says goodbye to me by the front door every morning, how she snuggles up with me when I'm in bed or trying to do homework. There's nothing about her that I don't love. I am going to miss her immensely.

Thanks for all your support throughout this, blog world. It means a whole hell of a lot to me.

4 comments:

scargosun said...

My heart goes out to you. She's a sick kitty and you are doing something kind and humane for her. I am so sorry that shehas to leave you.

Badass Geek said...

Ugh. This is tough. You are doing the right thing, though. She knows you love her.

*HUG*

Mary Beth said...

I am so so sorry! My mother always told me that loving animals has two sides - the joy you get from them and the unbelievable sadness you get when they are gone. And when you have to make the decision, it only gets harder. However, she knows you love her and that you are doing what's best for her. You don't want her to hurt anymore. My thoughts are with you.

for a different kind of girl said...

Oh, what an adorable face! I know how hard this choice is, but like those ahead of me, she knows you love her, and this choice is what's best. My thoughts are with you.