Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Reaches Record Levels of Awesomeness

I forget my wallet at home. FAIL. But then that means that AJ has to stop by my office, which is awesome, because I love him. I get to meet one of his clients (AJ is a respite worker) who apparently doesn't like me much. I begin the day being hated by a profoundly retarded man.

The gym is busier than usual. I recognize a man who was my statistics professor five years ago. I introduce myself again and he apologizes - he doesn't remember me. How did you do in the class? he asks. I tell him I had a final grade of 101%. Awkward silence ensues. He finally asks how he could possibly forget such a great grade. Who knows? But I wasn't lying - I did pass with a 101.

On the bike ride back to my office, I swerve to avoid some pedestrians and nearly run into a car head-on. It is a police cruiser.

While changing in the bathroom, I hear someone enter the stall next to me and start to pee. Then they fart. I assume they'll want to hide out until I exit, so I hurry. I am wrong. It is my supervisor and she leaves the stall just as I leave mine. She then chastises me for not wearing a helmet when biking.

I talk to AJ and he reminds me of plans we have this Friday. We are taking his other client, not the one who hates me, to Hooters for dinner.

Life is awesome.

5 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Hooters, eh?

I've never been.

for a different kind of girl said...

Your day was, indeed, nothing short of awesome! I hope Wednesday kicks Tuesdays ass right into freakin' awesome mode!

scargosun said...

That is an awesome day.

Incedentally, have you ever tried to 'wait someone out' in the stall? That can be time consuming.

A.C. said...

:) Yeah, it was awesome! His client, we'll call him Dave, just looked at me with such disgust. And then he looked at AJ and put his hands up as if to say Dude, what are we doing wasting our time talkin' to this chick. Can we leave, please? I wanna go eat cookies at the mall!

Is your son severely autistic? I did respite for a month or so for a little boy who was probably in the middle of the spectrum. He was the most brilliant, beautiful kid I've ever met. So sweet and fun. I liked him more than any other kid I've ever met.

** said...

I think you were likin' my J (I wonder if I was my J? HA). That boy sounds like my J. J is about in the middle....

*giggles*

That would be exactly how people describe him. I'm not just saying that because he is my son. I can honestly say that people don't say that about my 14 year old daughter....

BAH AHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHA