Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Bliss

I post a lot about EC because she has somewhat overshadowed EM this past month; she's required so much attention. But, I do have an EM and she is gorgeous and strange and obnoxious and dirty.

This weekend, AJ and I spent a lot of time without plans. We let the weekend take us wherever it wanted to. We spent a day with my friend FA, went to the beach, cooked delicious Turkey burgers and watched movies. We made pancakes and went to the Unitarian church service and sat in the sun drinking coffee.

On Sunday, after an eventful morning, a thunderstorm lazily rolled into town. AJ and I got in bed, turned off the lights and watched the lightning with the cats. EC hates storms, so she huddled next to me, but EM, who is fearless and bold, sat on AJ's bureau like a little gargoyle. The light that came into the bedroom lit up her face in the most intense way (I know, you're probably asking "what face?" She has one, I swear...).



After the storm, AJ and I fell asleep. I dozed off, book in one hand, cat tucked under my arm. I'd take another rainy weekend, just to do that all over again.



**UPDATE**
I don't know why I capitalized the "T" in "Turkey burgers." It's not like we bought a brand of burgers or anything. I remember doing it, too...and really meaning it. They must've been AWESOME burgers.

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

If I were you, I'd try to brand your weekend and then capitalize it, call it The Weekend, and try to sell it. I'd buy it, for it sounded like it was perfect!

scargosun said...

Awwww! G-dog is not the biggest cuddler in the world so I take it when I can get it, like when she's really tired.

Badass Geek said...

Sometimes I randomly capitolize words to underline the Relative Importance to What I Am Saying.